The day to day operations of the business are governed by Zimbabwe laws. The following but not limited to statutes govern the day to day operations of the business;
• The Companies and Other Business Entities Act [Chapter 24:31]
• The Postal and Telecommunications Act [Chapter 12:05] and relevant subsidiary legislation.
• The Public Entities Corporate Governance Act [Chapter 10:31]
• The Public Entities Corporate Governance Regulations SI 168 of 2018.
• The Public Finance Management Act [Chapter 22:19]
• Environmental Management Act [Chapter 20:27]
• Exchange Control Regulations SI 109 of 1996
• Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act [Chapter 22:23
• Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Regulation 2018 SI 5 of 2018.
• Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Amendment) Regulations 20:20 No.1) S.I 49 of 2020.
• Rural District Councils Act [Chapter 29:13]
• National Museums and Monument Act [Chapter 25:11]
• National Payment Systems Act [Chapter 24:23]
• Guidelines for Retail Payment Systems and Instruments
The following Regulatory Authorities regulate the day to day operations of NetOne Cellular (Pvt) Ltd.
• Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (POTRAZ).
• National Museums and Monuments of Zimbabwe.
The Annual Financial Statements are prepared in live with the provisions of the Companies and other Business Entities Act Chapter 24:31 and International Financing Reporting Standards (IFRS). In Reporting non- financial information, NetOne Cellular (Pvt) Ltd is guided by
1. The Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) Guidelines on Sustainability Reporting.
2. Public Entities Corporate Governance Act (Chapter 10:31)
3. The Public Finance Management Act (Chapter 22:19)
Most of the energy that is used by NetOne is donated towards the operation of the network, most of this energy is derived from â€¦ and through diesel powered generators used to run sites that are not on the electricity grid and when there is no power supply. NetOne strives to identify way to ensure that the energy used to power its network does not have or has minimal impact on the environment. To this extent NetOne has established solar powered base stations, the aim being to reduce carbon emissions thereby protecting the environment. NetOne Cellular (Pvt) Ltd was also installed pine trees towers in order to ensure that the natural look of the environment is not altered by the installation of the base stations.